How to fix "Printer not activated" error code 41 when creating a PDF?
- Close ProFile if it is running.
- Click START at bottom left, select "Settings" and then "Control Panel".
- Double-click the "Printers and Faxes" icon to display the list of Printers installed.
- From the list of printers locate "ProFile PDF Export" printer as well as "Auto ProFile PDF" printer (if any).
- Delete those one at a time by right-clicking and selecting "Delete". Delete any printers that start with the word "Auto". In some instances more than one "Auto ProFile PDF" printer may show in the list of printers and in this situation make sure you delete them all.
- Right-click on the ProFile icon on the desktop and select "Properties".
- Click the button Find Target (or "Open file location" for Windows Vista) to display ProFile folder contents.
- Scroll up to find and open the ProFile PDF export folder
- Double-click the file install.exe
- Open ProFile and try to create a PDF
You will now be able to create the PDF file successfully.