How can I send my company file to my accountant over the Internet?
Last updated: Aug 14, 2013
Article ID: HOW15590
You can now send an Accountant's Copy directly to your accountant using an Intuit Web server. Using this feature, you don't have to save the Accountant's Copy file to your local disk and deliver the Accountant's Copy to your accountant.
Your Accountant's Copy file is automatically sent to an Intuit server. Your accountant receives an e-mail with a link that automatically downloads your Accountant's Copy file. All you need is an Internet connection and your accountant's e-mail address.
This service is not
available for EasyStart
Creating an Accountant's Copy of my Company File
Create an Accountant's Copy (for clients)
- Go to the File menu, click Accountant's Copy, click Client Activities, and then click Create Accountant's Copy.
- Click Next.
- Enter a Dividing Date. The dividing date is the date that separates the part of your company you'll be able to work on from the part your accountant will work on.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Change the filename that QuickBooks suggests for the accountant's copy. The file must have a .QBX extension.
- (Optional) Change the suggested location for the file.
- Click Save. The QuickBooks application title bar now shows "Accountant's Changes Pending."
- Give the .QBX file to your accountant.
- Continue working with your company data.
To send your company file using the Accountant's Copy File Transfer:
Go to the File menu and click Accountant's Copy,
Select Client Activities, and then click Send to Accountant.
Confirm you want to send an Accountant's Copy and click Next.
Choose a dividing date. (Be sure to coordinate with your accountant before choosing this date) and click Next.
Enter your accountant's e-mail address, your name, and your e-mail address.
Enter your accountant's e-mail address and reenter it to confirm it is correct. QuickBooks uses this e-mail address to send your Accountant's Copy to your accountant.
Enter your name so your accountant knows who sent the Accountant's Copy.
Enter your e-mail address. You will receive a confirmation e-mail when the Accountant's Copy is successfully uploaded to the Intuit server.
Choose a password to protect the Accountant's Copy.
Your accountant will use this password to access the Accountant's Copy. You can use the same password you use for your Admin password. Be sure to tell your accountant this password. Strong passwords include:
(Optional) Write a note to your accountant with instructions for the Accountant's Copy. For security reasons, do not include the Accountant's Copy password.
Your accountant will receive an e-mail with a link that downloads your Accountant's Copy. He or she will then use the password you created to open the file.