Errors: 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029, or 12031 when updating QuickBooks
Last updated: Sep 20, 2012
Article ID: SLN41405
What is happening?
One of the following errors occurs when updating QuickBooks:
- Error: 12002
- Error: 12007
- Error: 12009
- Error: 12029
- Error: 12031
Why is this happening?
These errors are often caused by a network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server, general Internet connection issues, or by Internet security and firewall settings.
How to fix the problem
Check the QuickBooks Internet connection:
- Choose Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Click to select the option for "Use my computer's Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet".
- Click Next, and then click Done.
- Try the update again:
- QuickBooks 2008 and later: Choose Help >Update QuickBooks and then click the Update Now tab.
- QuickBooks 2007 and earlier: Choose File> Update QuickBooks and then click the Update Now tab.
If the program update fails again, try resetting the program updates:
- Click the Update Now tab.
- Select the Reset Update checkbox and then click the Get Updates button.
- If the program update still fails:
If the preceding steps did not resolve the issue, start Microsoft Windows in Safe Mode and try the download again.