Errors: 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029, or 12031 when updating QuickBooks
Last updated: Mar 11, 2014
Article ID: SLN41405
What is happening?
One of the following errors occurs when updating QuickBooks:
- Error: 12002
- Error: 12007
- Error: 12009
- Error: 12029
- Error: 12031
Why is this happening?
These errors are often caused by a network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server, general Internet connection issues, or by Internet security and firewall settings.
How to fix the problem
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Check the QuickBooks Internet connection:
- Choose Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Click to select the option for "Use my computer's Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet".
- Click Next, and then click Done.
- Try the update again:
- QuickBooks 2008 and later: Choose Help >Update QuickBooks and then click the Update Now tab.
- QuickBooks 2007 and earlier: Choose File> Update QuickBooks and then click the Update Now tab.
If the program update fails again, try resetting the program updates:
- Click the Update Now tab.
- Select the Reset Update checkbox and then click the Get Updates button.
- If the program update still fails:
If the preceding steps did not resolve the issue, start Microsoft Windows in Safe Mode and try the download again.