How do I set up advance payment to a vendor in Quickbooks ?
To set up an advance payment to a vendor in QuickBooks, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Banking menu and click on Write Cheques.
- In the Pay to the Order of field, click the payee drop-down list, and choose that vendor's name.
- Press Tab and enter the amount of the cheque.
- Click the Account field drop-down list and choose Account Payable, and select the Tax code.
- (Optional) Click the Memo field to enter information about the upfront payment to a vendor.
- In the Customer job dropdown, select the vendors name.
- Click on Save & Close.