How do I check which version and release of QuickBooks is installed?
Last updated: Mar 16, 2016
Article ID: HOW12090
There are times when you need to know which version and release of QuickBooks you have installed on your computer system, such as:
• When you need to know if product update was successfully installed
• When you need to use the Automated Password Reset Tool
You may use one of the methods below to find the QuickBooks product version and release information for Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions.
From the Home screen, Press Ctrl + 1 or F2 to open the Product Information window. The version, edition, and release appear at the top of the window on the Product line.
Note: If you cannot open QuickBooks to find the product information because the QuickBooks Login screen appears and you do not know the Admin password, then click Cancel. QuickBooks will default to the No Company Open window. Alternatively, to open QuickBooks press and hold the Ctrl key, and then double-click the QuickBooks program icon on your desktop. Continue pressing the Ctrl key until you see the No Company Open window, then release the Ctrl key.
If QuickBooks still does not open:
- Right-click the QuickBooks program icon on your desktop and choose Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, choose Open File Location.
- On the window that appears, highlight the program executable file (QBW32.EXE). Right click on QBW32.EXE and choose Properties. Note: Depending on whether your Windows Folder Options are set to show or hide extensions for known file types, the file may display as QBW32.EXE or QBW32.
- On the Properties window that appears click the General tab. The Location line shows the year of your QuickBooks version.
- Click the Details tab and under Product Version, the last release update to your copy of QuickBooks appears. For example: 26.0C R5. The number 26 refers to QuickBooks 2016. The “C” identifies the program as Canada English. The R5 refers to maintenance release 7. (See the chart below for the list of Version numbers).
|Year ||Canada English ||Canada French |
|2016 ||V26.0 ||n/a |
|2015 ||V25.0 ||n/a |
|2014 ||V24.0 ||n/a |
|2013 ||V23.0C ||n/a |
|2012 ||V22.0C ||n/a |
|2011 ||V20.0C ||n/a |
|2010 ||V19.0C ||n/a |
|2009 ||V18.0C ||V18.0F |
|2008 ||V17.0C ||n/a |
|Multicurrency Edition ||V16.0C ||n/a |
|2007 ||V16.0C ||V16.0F |
|2006 ||V15.0C ||V15.0F |
|2005 ||V14.0C ||V14.0F |
|2004 ||V13.0C ||n/a |
|2003 ||V12.0C ||V12.0F |
|2002 ||V10.0C ||n/a |
|2001 ||V9.0C ||V9.0F |
|2000 ||V8.0C ||n/a |
|1999 ||V6.0C ||n/a |
|1998 ||V5.0C ||n/a |
|1996/97 ||V4.5C ||n/a |