Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt
Last updated: Aug 05, 2016
Article ID: SLN41444
One of the following Microsoft Windows errors occurs when updating QuickBooks Desktop or repairing a QuickBooks Desktop installation:
- Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.
- Error 1335: The cabinet file  required for this installation cannot be used.
How to fix it
Important: These troubleshooting steps may help resolve your issue. They focus on the Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. Intuit recommends if you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, you can find expert assistance by consulting your computer's manufacturer or a Windows expert. If the difficulty persists after performing these steps, contact your computer's manufacturer or Microsoft.
Download and run the QBInstall Tool
- Select the first option I am having problems installing QuickBooks and click OK.
If you prefer to manually resolve this issue, or if the tool did not resolve the issue
Other possible causes and remedies
- Scratches and dust can cause problems reading the CD. Use a soft cloth to gently clean the CD and try to install again.
- Installation issues can be caused by insufficient installation memory settings on your computer. Check the System Requirements for your QuickBooks Destkop installation and see the Microsoft knowledgebase for details on changing these settings.
- Antivirus software can disrupt installation. Temporarily disable antivirus software while installing QuickBooks Desktop. Be sure to re-enable the software after installation