Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt
Last updated: Mar 11, 2014
Article ID: SLN41444
One of the following Microsoft Windows errors occurs when updating QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation:
- Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.
- Error 1335: The cabinet file  required for this installation cannot be used.
How to fix it
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Download and run QBInstallTool.exe file
- Download the QuickBooksInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file (19.2 MB) which will attempt to resolve this issue.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double click the file to run the tool.
- Select the first option I am having problems installing QuickBooks and click OK.
If you continue to receive the error after using the QBInstallTool,exe file, go to Solution 2
If you prefer to manually resolve this issue, or if the tool did not resolve the issue, please follow the steps below,
- Follow the steps in Performing a hard drive installation of QuickBooks to copy the installation folders from your QuickBooks CD to your hard drive and install QuickBooks from your hard drive using the copied files.
- If you continue to receive errors copying from the CD on a second computer, the CD may be damaged. You can Download QuickBooks from the Internet and then follow the instructions to Install QuickBooks from a downloaded file.
- If you continue receiving errors, clear the Temporary folder and try installing again.
- Windows 7 or Vista: c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\
- Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp
Other possible causes and remedies
- Scratches and dust can cause problems reading the CD. Use a soft cloth to gently clean the CD and try to install again.
- Installation issues can be caused by insufficient installation memory settings on your computer. Check the System Requirements for your QuickBooks installation and see the Microsoft knowledgebase for details on changing these settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314810.
- Antivirus software can disrupt installation. Temporarily disable antivirus software while installing QuickBooks. Be sure to re-enable the software after installation.
If this solution does not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.