Find QuickBooks Desktop product version and release numbers
Last updated: Aug 05, 2016
Article ID: HOW12090
Before checking for updates or finding the right solution for your problem, you need to know which version of QuickBooks Desktop you have.
To find product version and release information, press F2 to open the Product Information window. Version, edition, and release appear at the top of the window, on the Product line.
If you cannot open QuickBooks Desktop to find the Product Information:
Press and hold the CTRL key, and then double-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop. Continue pressing the CTRL key until you see the No Company Open window, then release the CTRL key.
If QuickBooks Desktop still does not open:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, and click Properties.
- Click Find Target and right click QBW32.EXE.
- Click Properties and click the General tab. The Location line shows the year of your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Click the Version tab and under Item name, click File Version. To the right, under Value, the last release update to your copy of QuickBooks Desktop appears. For example: 21.0D R5. The number 26 refers to QuickBooks Desktop 2016 (25 would refer to 2015 and so on). The R5 refers to Release 5.
- Ensure your QuickBooks is updated with the latest release.
- If the problem persists, read QuickBooks doesn't open when double-clicking the icon