Install QuickBooks Desktop from a download
You can download QuickBooks Desktop by clicking the links below. You must have your original install codes to be able to install using these download links. You would have received these when you originally purchased QuickBooks Desktop. Where can I find my install codes?
When you install QuickBooks Desktop using these download links, the Adobe Reader and QuickBooks Desktop Timer are not installed. Read this FAQ if you want more information on how to receive these programs.
To download and install:
- Click the link for your program on this page.
- When the File Download window appears, click Save (do not click Open).
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you may see a security message saying "This type of file could harm your computer" or "The signature of this program is correct or invalid". If you see this message, you can try using another Internet browser.
- Save the file to a location that is easy to find, such as your desktop.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to start unpacking the files.
- Click Next to unpack the installation files.
- The installation will begin automatically after the files have been extracted.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, open the software using the desktop shortcut.