Install QuickBooks Desktop from a download
Last updated: Sep 29, 2016
Article ID: HOW15493
You can now download QuickBooks Desktop from the Internet by clicking the links below (as opposed to installing QuickBooks Desktop from a CD).
Important: You must have your original license number and product number to be able to install QuickBooks Desktop using these download links. You would have received these when you originally purchased QuickBooks Desktop, or via email if you are a subscription customer. For more information, visit where can I find my install codes?
Download links for QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- Full Versions
- Trial Versions
To download and install:
- Click the link for your program on this page.
- When the File Download window appears, click Save (do not click Open).
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you may see a security message saying "This type of file could harm your computer" or "The signature of this program is correct or invalid". If you see this message, you can try using another Internet browser.
- Save the file to a location that is easy to find, such as your desktop.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to start unpacking the files.
- Click Next to unpack the installation files.
- The installation will begin automatically after the files have been extracted.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, open the software using the desktop shortcut.
When you install QuickBooks Desktop using these download links, the Adobe Reader and QuickBooks Desktop Timer are not installed. Read this FAQ if you want more information on how to receive these programs.
Versions of QuickBooks Desktop that are no longer supported
- QuickBooks Desktop 2013
- QuickBooks Desktop 2012
- QuickBooks Desktop 2011
- QuickBooks Desktop 2010
- QuickBooks Desktop 2009
- QuickBooks Desktop 2008