Adding an External Accountant user
Last updated: May 31, 2011
Article ID: HOW15588
External Accountant is a new type of user. An External Accountant is a powerful user type that can access all areas of QuickBooks except sensitive customer data, such as credit card numbers. If you log in as an External Accountant, you can separate the changes you made during a review from the changes made by your clients, including the administrator.
You must be logged in as the administrator to create an External Accountant user. If you're not logged in as the administrator, ask the administrator to create an External Accountant user for you.
- On the Company menu, select Set Up Users and Passwords, then Set Up Users.
- Select Add User to create the new user.
- Enter the new user name and password and click Next.
- Choose External Accountant in the Access screen and click Next.
- Click Yes on the Warning message to confirm that you want to create an External Accountant user.
- Click Finish.