Error 15241: The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully
Last updated: Nov 24, 2016
Article ID: SLN41470
The following errors occurs when updating payroll or QuickBooks Desktop:
Error 15241: The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS Service is disabled
Why this is happening
This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.
How to fix it
To restart the QuickBooks FCS service
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- From your keyboard, press WIN (Windows logo) + R to open the Run dialog.
- Enter services.msc and press Enter. The Services window opens.
- Find and double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- On the General tab, click the Startup type drop-down arrow and select Manual.
- Click Apply.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to update QuickBooks Desktop again.