How do I include split details on reports?
When bills have customer or job names included on expense account lines on the Expenses tab, split lines will not show on the unpaid bills detail report. Selecting Yes for the Include split detail? option will not result in the split details being displayed on the report. How do I resolve this?
To resolve this situation, you can create another report that will allow you to view the split lines:
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, choose Custom Reports, then Transaction Detail.
- In the Customize Report window, click the Filters tab.
- In the Filter list, select Account, and then from the Account drop-down list, select All accounts payable.
- In the Filter list, select Date, and then from the Date drop-down list, select Today.
- In the Filter list, select Name, and then from the Name drop-down list, select All vendors.
- In the Filter list, select Paid Status, and then select the Open option button.
- Click OK to view the report.
- You should now see transaction split lines for your unpaid bills. If you would like to keep this report for future use, click the Memorize button at the top of the report to save your settings.