How to unfile sales tax and refile sales tax in QuickBooks 2010?
To unfile sales tax previously filed on Oct 1 2008 to Dec 31 2008
- Go to Lists menu and click on Chart of Accounts.
- In the Chart of Accounts window, right-click on GST/HST Payable and select QuickReport: GST/HST payable.
- Click on modify report, change the date to the last filing date. (e.g., from Dec 31 2008 to Dec 31 2008)
- Edit the journal entry that created by QuickBooks, with the memo "File Sales Tax", then press CTRL+D to delete that journal entry.
To Refile your sales tax in QuickBooks 2010
- Go to Sales Tax menu, click on File Sales tax, and select your tax agency (e.g., Receiver General).
- Select the date (e.g., Oct 1 2008 to Dec 31 2008) and click File Return.
- Then click on File Online or Do Not Submit a Return.
- Click on Continue.
- If you would like to print your sales tax return before filling? Select Yes or no.