- From the BitDefender 10.0 main menu choose Anti virus.
- Select Custom level.
- Click Exclude path from scan.
- Click the New item button.
- Click the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file.
For example: "Q:\"
If you are unable to successfully prevent BitDefender from blocking QuickBooks Desktop communication, contact BitDefender Technical Support at: 800.388.8062 - option 2. Note
: If you have other Internet security software installed on your computer, you will need to exclude the QuickBooks program directories:
- For Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista: Exclude C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Company Files\.
Refer to this article for more information on firewall settings for QuickBooks Desktop