Install QuickBooks on a Terminal Server
Last updated: Sep 20, 2012
Article ID: INF12259
ONLY QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 10.0 and newer is supported in this environment (with limitations). QuickBooks technical support does not provide support for the following:
- Setting up, configuring, or enabling terminal services.
- Enabling clients to connect to the server.
- Setting up user permissions for server connections.
- Issues with terminal server connections (for example, connecting to the server or dropping connection).
- Latency or slow performance issues.
Note: Terminal Services is a feature of Windows Server Operating Systems. We recommend researching Terminal Services or engaging a Windows Server professional before making changes in such an environment. Resources on the Microsoft web site may be helpful, such as Install Programs on a Terminal Server (Windows Server 2008).
If this solution does not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free, or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 10.0 and later
Add the program:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the left pane, click Add New Programs.
- Click the CD or Floppy button, and then insert the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions CD in the CD-ROM.
Run the installation program:
- In the Install Program from Floppy Disk or CD-ROM window, click Next.
- In the Run Installation Program window, be sure the Open field displays [CD-ROM]:Setup.exe, where [CD-ROM] represents the drive letter of the CD-ROM and click Finish.
- In the Choose Installation Type window, select Server and click Next.
- Select Database Server and QuickBooks Application and click Next.
- Enter the License and Product numbers and click Next.
- Select the installation folder and click Next.
- Select whether to have QuickBooks copy settings from a previous installation and click Next.
- In the Ready to install QuickBooks window, click Install.