How do I tell if I have the latest tax table update for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Last updated: Sep 20, 2016
Article ID: HOW15192
Important: This article applies to Canadian QuickBooks Desktop customers only.
NOTICE: As of July 1st, 2016, any QuickBooks Desktop version older than 2016 will need to be upgraded to the 2016 version of QuickBooks Desktop in order to receive the July 2016 payroll tax table updates.
For QuickBooks Desktop to calculate your payroll taxes and provide payroll forms, you must be signed up for a QuickBooks Desktop payroll service and be able to connect to the Internet. Intuit recommends that you update your tax tables every time you pay your employees, or at least every 45 days, to ensure that you have the most current tax tables.
Do I have the latest tax table update?
To check your tax table version:
- Go to the Employees menu, select My Payroll Service, and then Tax Table Information.
- In the Tax Table Information section, the "You are using tax table version" field should show 104 as the first three numbers of your tax table. These numbers indicate the tax table is effective July 1st, 2016.
- Click OK to close the window.
To update your tax tables in QuickBooks
- From the QuickBooks Desktop Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select the Update Now tab.
- Choose Get Updates to download the payroll update.
- To view the contents of the most recent update, select Maintenance Releases or choose Help, select My License Information, note the Tax Table Version and Tax Table Expiry Date.
Note: You will automatically receive these updates if you have Automatic Update selected on the Options tab. Automatic Product updates may be blocked by your system security. If you encounter an error, you will need to download the manual update.