Quicken 2014 Crashes When Entering or Accepting a New Transaction
If you are encountering this issue, first confirm the following information:
- Make sure you're accessing an individual account register, rather than the All Transactions view.
- Make sure you're not viewing a Filtered account register by clicking the Reset button at the top of the register.
- Remove the Cheque # column from the Register Columns and enter your transaction.
If this work-around fails to resolve your crash, and you have confirmed you're looking at only one account register that is unfiltered, we would need information that will help us to resolve any possible product defect causing this behavior:
- Right-click a blank space on your Desktop and choose New > Folder. Use your last name as the name of this folder.
- Follow the Windows System Logs instructions to collect the Crash and/or Event Logs to save in that folder.
- Go to Help > Log Files to open each of the four Installation Logs and Save each to that <your name> folder.
- In your Quicken file, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File. When the Validate completes, save the Data_Log.txt to that <your name> folder.
- In your Quicken file, hold Ctrl + Shift and click on About Quicken, to open the file statistics window. Take a screenshot of the Stats window to save to that <your name> folder.
- Right-click the < your last name> folder and choose Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folders to make it easier to upload these files.
- Contact Quicken Support to provide them with the zipped files and your contact information.