Quicken is designed to print to any printer supported by Microsoft® Windows®. Printing issues can be attributed to a wide variety of issues, ranging from incorrect printer settings to problems with the printer itself.
To troubleshoot printing issues:
From the Quicken File menu, choose Printer Setup, and then select the form that you are trying to print. Click here if you are unable to open the Printer Setup window. Make sure that all selections and settings in the Printer Setup window are correct.
- Verify that your printer is plugged in and turned on.
- Make sure that your printer is connected to your computer, and then try printing a document from a program other than Quicken.
If the issue persists, most likely there is a problem with your printer. Because of the number of available printers and configurations, we are unable to provide support for this issue.
For further assistance, check with:
- Windows Help or the Microsoft Help and Support Web site (support.microsoft.com).
- The vendor from whom you purchased the printer.
- The printer manufacturer's Web site.
- A local computer consultant. If the issue does not appear in the other program, restart your computer and then proceed to the next step.
Note: If you are printing checks and Continuous is selected, also select the Bypass the driver checkbox. Click OK to close the Printer Setup window, and then try printing again. If you experience problems printing a report, try this:
Click on Start and choose Search or Find. Select the option to search for Files and Folders. In the filename field, type in wpr.dat. If the file is found, right click on it and choose delete. Quicken will re-create this file the next time you try printing again. If the issue persists, visit the printer manufacturer's Web site to download the latest printer driver for your operating system. Do a clean uninstall and re-install of your Quicken program.
- With the report open in Quicken, click Print.
- Clear the checkmark (if any) from Fit to One Page Wide, select the Print in Draft Mode checkbox, and then click OK.
- Attempt to print the report. If successful, undo the actions from the previous step, click OK, and then print the report again.