I can't find my Installation Key Code (IKC). How do I activate Quicken?
The Installation Key Code (IKC) is only used for Quicken 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Your Installation Key Code is located on the sticker on the front of your Quicken CD sleeve. It is very important to keep your Installation Key Code in a safe place as you need it to install the software. If you do not have a CD sleeve or have misplaced it, please try the following steps to try and obtain your IKC.
If you have Quicken 2004 or 2005 and it is installed on a second computer:
- Open Quicken, go to Help and License information.
- The Quicken Installation Key Code will be shown. Write it down in a secure location and use it to activate the product.
If you have it installed only on this computer and you have not formatted your hard drive:
- Click on Start and then Search.
- Enter quicken.lic in the Named field.
- In the Look In box, select My Computer.
- Click Search.
- If the file is found, double click on it to open. The file will open in Notepad and will contain your Installation Key Code. Write it down in a secure location and use it to activate the product. If the file is not found, please proceed with the next step.
If the previous steps were unsuccessful, please contact Quicken Support. We may have your Installation Key Code on file. If we do not, you will be required to purchase a new one or upgrade to the latest version of Quicken.