Where do I enter spousal support, child support, or alimony payments in TurboTax?
- Click the Personal Tax Profile tab.
- Answer yes to the question “Are there any other deductions such public transit, union or professional dues or alimony that you want to claim?”
- From the drop menu that appears, check off the box that says “I paid alimony/child support”.
- Continue through the interview until you reach the “Deductions” tab.
- You will come to the “Your Payments Profile” screen – ensure that the box labeled “Paid Alimony/Child Support” is checked off, then continue through the interview.
- Click “Yes” on the screen that says “Did you make any alimony, spousal or child support payments during (Tax Year)?”.
- The next screen will say “Spousal & Child Support Payments Made”.
- This is where you enter in any amounts you paid for spousal support, child support or alimony payments.