Your Answer

How to change a Tax return after filing

If you need to make a change to any return you have filed with the CRA, do not file another return for that year.

Wait until you receive your notice of assessment before requesting any change to a return. You can only request a change to a return for a tax year ending in any of the 10 previous calendar years. For example, a request made in 2013 must relate to the 2003 or a later tax year to be considered.

To adjust a return, visit the CRA page to view the options available

You can make changes to the return Online, or by mailing in a T1-ADJ form and any supporting documents required.


MyAccount online service

We highly recommend using the CRA MyAccount online service to enter and submit changes to your most recent return, or to your returns of the previous two years.

You will apply for a MyAccount ID, which takes about 6-10 days to receive, and then you will be able to access your information directly on the CRA account with your records and slips.

To sign up for MyAccount, or to sign in if you are already registered, go to

  • Click the Register button if you have not yet signed up for a CRA userID
  • Click the CRA Login button if you already have a CRA userID and password.

Bookmark and Share


NETFILE Error Codes
List of most common NETFILE errors

TurboTax will not Install
Click here for an updated Backup Installer

NETFILE Error – Entries in Financial Statement require correction
Click here for a solution

NETFILE Error code 90308
Click here for more details.

TurboTax 2013 requires .NET Framework
You might be asked to install version 4.0. Please allow

Video Guides
TurboTax Canada answers your questions 

Product updates
Manually download updates to TurboTax

Step by Step guide and video

Did this article help you?
Your Feedback
Cancel Submit